Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2009

I think I'm a wee bit clucky...

What a wonderful response to my previous post for the free Block of the Month!! I must admit, I did have thoughts that no one would be interested in it when I was typing it up! So I am so thrilled to see that people are interested! And it was such a joy to see that Beatrice has already stitched her own Rusty block (she called him Patch instead!) Go and have a look at her blog!

I have also just made a little Stringybark Farm BOM button for you blog sidebars. Please feel free to save it to your computer and use it on your blogs.

On Friday I went down to visit my friend Emma, and the new baby Zachary. And I know everyone says this about babies, but he is so gorgeous! He is a solid little lump, and slept the whole time I was holding him. Which is very rare for me and babies. They usually start screaming the minute I have them!
Once I found out the name, I made this little picture. I wrote his name out, and then coloured it in with pencils and back stitched around it in black. Then I sewed some bright and cute fabrics, and of course, I had to include a pony in the top right!



During the week I got Maree's Paper Bag swap items in the mail!! She has sent some gorgeous fabric, and bits and pieces. I already have a few ideas in mind, but I'm going to sit and wait for a bit till I actually start.


I have some wonderful news to share with you all, but I can't say much just yet. But what I can tell you is that I am so excited, and so shocked! I can't wait to share my good news with you all.

4 comments:

miss~nance said...

Just popping in to say hi and let you know that I do read your blog just don't always comment.

Hugs & Blessings

Gail

Kris said...

People say that all babies are gorgeous because they ALL are! What a lovely little boy. I loved the "name" hanging you made for him too!

Shiree said...

Hi, just thought that I would let you know I got my paper bag for the swap, so really keen to get started now! Will be watching your blog frequently then to see what you may post...
have fun, Shiree

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the welcome gift you made for Zachary - such a cute and effective idea!