Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Bits and bobs...

How cute are these little cards?


I got the idea from here, (who, by the way makes amazing clothes for kids. Check out her blog!)
The cards are so simple and quick to make. All it takes is some fabric scraps, a boring plain card, and some sewing and creativity. I love the effect and result, and will be sure to make some more from now on.

And, check out the little scrap of fabric I added on the inside. Love. it. Is anyone else feeling reminded of a jam jar from a school fete??
Block 4 in Stringybark Farm will be released this week, so keep an eye out for it! Here is a little sneak peek of the block. What do you think it is??
Also, check back soon for a tutorial on using pencils on fabric. I've got quite a few great things coming up soon, including my 100th post giveaway, and a new blog makeover.

7 comments:

kyliesmiley16 said...

It's a horse! =P

Pip said...

Nice cards, a great idea to use up all those little scraps.

Ina said...

lol, that's the back side of a horse or a mule! ;0

SewAmy said...

love the cards, the block looks like a space ship. LOL

Jenny said...

Pretty cards, I love little scraps used up well!

Vicki ♥ said...

I love the card you made for me Sam and love the look of these ones, they are very pretty and I also like the MakeOver of your blog..very Pretty .just like you :) hugs Vicki

Rebecca said...

Just found your blog you are a very clever lady, carn't wait to see the new block.
Big Hugs
Bec