Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Firstly, thank you so much to all your lovely comments regarding my doll in the previous post! I'm still quite amazed that she came second! I think the bug has definately bitten now, especially after going to the Lilydale show today and seeing all the craft exhibits. Not that I have any idea on how to enter a show, but surely it can't be that hard, right??

Being the horsey girl that I am, I mainly sat and watched the horse events at the show today, and was able to watch a friend of mine come first in the Show Jumping. There were some lovely horses out and about today, and it was the perfect weather for a show. But of course, I forgot to bring a hat and sunscreen with me, didn't I? *runs to get the Aloe Vera cream*


Not much to write, but I was feeling in a creative and festive mood this morning, so I rumaged through all my scraps and made this wreath....
**Edited to add how I made the wreath for anyone interested. It's very simple. I just used some wire (that I found *cough* in my dads shed...don't tell him!) and made a small circle. Then I literally rumaged through al my scraps and tied them onto the frame. I tried to steer clear of bright colours and oranges, blacks etc...but I really like the colourful look of it. And then I simply tied some bells onto the ribbon, and voila! A very inexpensive, yet cute wreath for Christmas! :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

love the wreath...have quite a few scraps so thats a great idea...did you have a wire frame or did you use something else...like a coathanger...

Kris said...

I love your wreath Sam! It is gorgeous. Hey! I reckon anything in the shed is fair game. My husband calls the shed "his" shed, but I call it "the" shed, so I'm always comfortable to raid it!