Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

I'm good at procrastinating...

You see, there are so many things I should be doing right now.

I have a looming deadline in a few months, and so I really should be working on some stitcheries.


And I have to make two calico dolls for a friend, using the fabric below. I think the fact that these aren't needed till September is why I keep putting them off. But we all know that September will roll around awfully quick, don't we?


I really should tidy my sewing room, and organise the piles of fabric back into neat organised rows. No, I am not showing you any photos of my messy sewing room, and piles of fabric.


And there are numerous unfinished quilts that I really should finish.


But for some reason, I find myself customising and painting a model horse.
*note - progress photo*
Why? I have no idea.

But, I did manage to do something worth while, and create this fabric folder in 10 minutes. Yes, 10 minutes.
A simple little folder that flips out, with three pockets to hold my design book, my designs, and the blocks in progress. We won't mention the fact that I made this instead of actually stitching the designs inside.


And I had a nice suprise this week when I got the latest Homespun Magazine in the mail. I won a book! Yup, a book! It's called "Stitched for us Folk," by Christine Book Designs, and features heaps of Australian folk style projects.

One that has captured my eye is a Hexagon quilt. I have never worked with Hexagons before, but for some reason I like the thought of creating it with other sewers. I can imagine swapping and sharing hexagons with ladies from all over the world, and then putting our quilts together. How wonderful would it be to have bits of fabrics from ladies in the US or Europe or wherever, in a quilt. What a special treasure that quilt would then be.

How about this for some Hexagon loveliness! They look good enough to eat.


Ok, enough of my procrastinating. I really should get back to work!

6 comments:

Di said...

good to read someone else puts things off. Great that you are up and about....
I love the lavender/lemon fabrics.. Which range are they from? I like the way you have put them all together... A pattern or one you designed yourself?
Keep well and keep stitiching!

Bev C said...

Congratulations on your Homespun win. It looks like a lovely book.

Anonymous said...

OMG - I love hexagons - I am thinking of starting a blog myself to start a hexagon swap. That is such an amazing idea but I wouldn't know where to start....

Chookyblue...... said...

I am the queen of procrastination........

Leah said...

Ive just started to get into the Hexagon thing myself! A swap is a great idea. You seem to have alot on your plate, im a huge procrastinator, so I feel your pause..lol

EcoFreek said...

I love the fabric you've got for the dolls. Can't wait to see how they turn out. September isn't that far away...
Guiliana.