Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Back on board...

Well ladies, I'm back! Once again, thank you for all your kind 'get well' comments. It's been great to read them, and I'm so appreciative!

I finally can get through a day without feeling dizzy or struggling with headaches. I worked for the first time again on Monday, but I think I overdid it and had a throbbing headache all afternoon. But apart from that, I'm getting better - yay! It's amazing how much concussion knocks you around, and effects your thoughts and thinking. Mum was quite amazed at all the silly things I was doing whilst I was sick. I'm still not driving (apart from short local trips,) but I'm getting there slowly. I think I'll be wearing a helmet next time I work with my friends horse!

Anyway, lets get back to some normality! I've missed you all, and I feel a bit out of the loop! I've set aside some time this afternoon to browse all your blogs and catch up.



Time for a Paper Bag swap update! I think nearly everyone has sent their finished handmade items back to their partners, and I hope you all enjoyed being apart of the swap. There are a few things I'm still chasing up on, but it's pretty much been a sucess!

So I wanted to share with you some of the creations that have been made through this swap. If you scroll through some previous posts on my blog you will find some items aswell.

Michelle was a busy girl, and made some great items for Levineke. Check out this lovely folder for Levineke to store all her sewing bits and pieces in. It has pockets inside for all sorts of things, like threads and scissors. Make sure you drop by Levinekes blog to see the other goodies Michelle made her.
I have fallen with love with this gorgeous bag ( yup, another bag!!)that Kris has made for Leah!

Isn't the owl so cute?? Leah loves owls, so it's just perfect for her. Check out Leahs blog for some more photos of the cute bag.

Now, I think this is the first doll that has been made in the swap (correct me if I am wrong!) And this gorgeous little girl was made by Jantine for Tracey. She is a sewing themed doll, with embroidered pockets, and even a little needlebook, and scissors fob. How cute is she??

And check out what Tracey made for Jantine. She used Lynette Andersons stitchery design for the Breast of Friends, and made a beautiful wall hanging. How clever is she?? Go to Jantines blog to see some more photos of the goodies Tracey sent her, and to look at those yummy pancakes she was making when the parcel arrived!!

Isn't it great to see all these wonderful items that have been made? You are all such a talented and creative bunch of women - well done! I hope you have enjoyed the swap, and had a good time. I know I did!

8 comments:

Leah said...

Good to see you back Sam! It was a great swap, thanks for running it all. Im off to check out everyone's creations youve just posted. Bye

Béa said...

Happy for you, Sam, welcome back !
Beautiful swaps items again.

Mistea said...

Welcome back and I'd say wearing a helmet next time is probably a good idea, you don't need these kind of injuries. Thanks for hosting a fantastic swap.

Chookyblue...... said...

good to see you back........

Jantine said...

Welcome bak! We missed you ;-). And yes, please wear a helmet next time...

Unknown said...

Rest , rest, rest, nice you're back for a bit anyway Sam , take care .

miss~nance said...

Sam I will post a pic of mine and Allison's swap on my blog very soon.

Gail

Unknown said...

awesome!!!

a great find for panda fanatic!
my roommate and i LOVE this panda bag
hkpanda.freetzi.com