Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A farmers wife


My hubby came home at 6:30am this morning. No, he wasn't out all night with mates. He was working hard and long hours in a tractor.
Yep, the grapes have changed colours, and it's the start of harvest here in the Yarra Valley. So for the next few weeks I am going to have to get used to sleeping alone! I don't think I like this idea at all!

Simon is now tucked up in bed, trying to catch up on sleep. And I'm trying to be quite so as not to wake him.


Of course, I don't need to remind most ladies, it is Valentines Day today. I hope you share this day with your loved ones and enjoy celebrating the love we have.
When my husband wakes up, he will find a little chocolate and a card, and some freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Of course, he will also be greeted with a huge hug and a smacking great kiss!

This will be our first Valentines Day as a married couple, and for us, it's not about presents or fancy dinners. It's just about the two of us. And God. Celebrating the union we have together, and the love we share for each other.


Every day with my husband is a wonderful gift from God. I am so proud of my Mr Green and how hard he works for us. He loves and adores me, and I feel so greatly blessed by him and his kindness. And you know, it's the little things that add up. He always stacks and unloads the dishwasher. He opens the car door for me. He tidies the house and benches without asking. He folds his clothes. He puts the cereal box back in the cupboard if I have accidentally left it out. He knows how to use a vacuum cleaner, and he has no problems with washing a load of clothes. And he is always there to make me laugh, and always ready with a big hug, a smiling face or a handful of tissues when I need it most.

To my Mr Green, you are amazing. I'd be lost without you. And I love you.

Happy Love Day everyone!




2 comments:

RobynLouise said...

You'll appreciate all the 'extra' time together when the harvest is over.
Cheers,
Robyn

Anonymous said...

So sweet of you.Nice story of one farmer wife on this valentine special day.I really like this blog.It really amazing.