Be that as it may, it's still a celebration, and that means a giveaway! And not only a giveaway in this post, but the launch of a swap too! Yup, the Paper Bag Swap is going ahead. So this post will be quite a busy one, so bear with me.
But, first things first, lookie what came in the mail!!
It's the wonderful Soiree bag I won over at "Life at Rosemary Hill's" giveaway! And I absolutely adore it. Many huge thanks to Kris for running her giveaway, and making such a gorgeous bag. I still can't believe I won, and I can't wait to show it off.
Aren't these fabrics just so yummy??
And secondly, for those who are wondering how my job interview went yesterday... (by the way - thank you so much for your comments and well wishes for that!! I really appreciate them so much!) Well, the interview went quite well, but I was a bit unprepared for a 'maths test' to calculate fabric requirements. So, suddenly overwhelmed and unprepared, I failed miserably. But she really liked me, and told me to go home and practice, and to then give her another call. So all is not lost!
Anyway, enough about that, and on to the point of this post!
50th post Giveaway!
To celebrate my 50th post, and to thank all you wonderful commenters and readers of my blog, I am giving away a little box of goodies and treasures!
Inside there is fabric, beads, a Handmade Magazine (Christmas issue,) Chocolate (Lindt Chocolate!! Do you know how much will-power it is taking me to give this away, and not eat it!?!), and patterns from Gail Pan and Hatched and Patched. I will be adding more goodies to the box over the next couple of days with more fabric, buttons, bits and bobs etc etc.
And I will also be making the winner her very own little monster. Some of you may remember I made these two for a Toy Society drop a few weeks ago. Well, I will make the winner their own custom made little monster. The winner can choose the boy or girl monster, it's up to you. :)
So how to enter? Simply leave a comment to this post before Sunday 15th of March 5pm (AEDST).
If you have been a previous commenter of this blog (and yes, I know who you are!) you will get an extra bonus entry into the giveaway. If you mention the giveaway on your blog, you will also get an extra bonus entry. Anyone is welcome to enter!
The draw (names from a hat - I am rather old fashioned!) will take place after the deadline (either Sunday night, or Monday morning,) and the winner will be announced and notified soon after. International visitors are more than welcome to enter (however, I may not send the chocolate overseas...I have always had issues trying to send chocolate overseas! But don't worry, I will substitue it for something else!)
Please make sure that when you leave a comment, your settings are not set at 'no reply.' I need to be able to contact you if you win!
Have fun and good luck!
Paper Bag Swap
Woohoo, I love swaps!! Who else loves swaps? Theres something fun about making an item for someone else. So, I am launching the Paper Bag swap after suficient interest was recieved from previous posts. I only just participated in a Paper Bag swap over at the Handmade Craft Forum, run by the lovely and wonderful Vicki. This is my first time running a swap on 'blogland,' but I have run and organised a large number of swaps and activities on various forums over the years.
So I am really excited about my first blog swap, and I hope you are too!
So what is the Paper Bag swap I hear you asking? Well, many of you would have read about it in my previous posts, but for those who haven't, I will quickly explain.
Once you have signed up, you will recieve a swap partner, and then you are to collect a number of items and put them into a paper bag (it doesn't have to be a paper bag if you don't want to...could be any sort of small bag!)
These items must include the following: a fat quarter, some ribbon, some ric rac/lace, buttons and some embroidery thread. You can add extra bits to your bag if you would like (charms, more fabric, bells, beads etc, it's up to you.)
The paper bag and items are then sent to your swap partner, and it is their task to make a handmade object using all of those items. At the same time you will recieve a paper bag of items from the same person, and you have to also make a handmade item. You are allowed to add extra fabric or bits from your own stash, but you must use the items that were sent to you in some way. Once your handmade item is finished, it is then to be sent back to your swap partner.
Things to note:
- This is a direct swap. You will be sending to and recieving from the same person.
- International swappers are more than welcome! If you would prefer to swap with someone from your own country (to save on postage,) please let me know. If you don't mention that, I will assume that you are happy to swap with someone from overseas.
- You must be a genuine swapper, and have an active blog. This means that you make regular posts.
- You are more than welcome to include other items when you send your finished handmade object home.
- A thank you is a definate must. Once you have recieved your handmade item, please make sure that you thank you partner personally.
- Please keep in contact with me regarding your progress. If for some reason you cannot complete or fufil your swap agreeement, please let me know asap.
- If you would like to volounteer to be a 'swap angel, (someone who is called on to make an extra item in the event that a swap partner pulls out) please let me know.
- Sign up is open till the 22nd Of March (Australian Time.)
- The draw will take place soon after, and details of your swapper will be emailed out to you within 3 days.
- Mailing date for your Paper Bag and unfinished items to your partner is the 5th of April.
- Mailing date for your finished Handmade item back to your partner is the 31st of May (gives you nearly 2 months to make the item.)
How to sign up?
If you want to sign up, please email me at smackenzie85 @ gmail.com (take out the two spaces around the @ sign.)with the following information before the 22nd of March:
Colour preferences/styles/likes and dislikes:
In the subject line of the email, put "Paper Bag Swap." Please feel free to mention the swap on your blog if you would like to. The more the merrier!
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to email me. I'm more than happy to help!
And the most important bit of information?? To have fun and be creative!! And if you read all that, and understood it all, well done!