Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fabric Heaven...

I think I have died and gone to fabric heaven.... Working at a Patchwork Shop is a quilters greatest dream come true. I get to play with the gorgeous fabric all day long! Yes, I know you are envious!

So today was my second day, and it's been great so far. It's interesting seeing the 'behind the scenes' stuff of how a shop operates. I've been busy putting bolts back, (and learning where they go!), cutting panels and fat quarters, folding fat quarters, and doing lots and lots of bolt ons. It's been great! So much to learn, and take in, but so far so good. I think I have already designed my next 10 quilts, and I can see a serious downside to working there.... The desire for more fabric! I am constantly seeing new bolts that I JUST LOVE and HAVE to have! I haven't bought anything yet, but I am seriously being tempted, and learning alot of restraint!

Today I got such a lovely suprise when I got home! Don't you just love getting fun things in the mail? Well, Leah over at Minimonty, sent me a little package. I had been visiting her blog, and had commented on her gorgeous Owls (aren't they so cute?!!) And Leah offered me the pattern if I would like it. "Of course!!" I enthusiastically exclaimed! So Leah kindly drew and wrote out the pattern for me, but not only did she send that, but this too....

Inside was a gorgeous 50th post congratulations card, with this amazing and incredibly cute owl brouch on the front!! He is so cool - I just love him! :D I am so wearing him to work one day!

But wait, there was more! Inside the cherry bag was a rubber stamp that Leah had made, with the word Missymack on it!!! How awesome is that?! How awesome is Leah?!!! Wow, thank you so much Leah! I can't believe it - it's just so generous of you, and such a lovely suprise. Thank you!! I am now going to go try it out!

Don't forget! The closing date to sign up for the Paper Bag Swap is the 22nd of March, only a few days away! So if you want to join in, please do so soon! :)

6 comments:

Leah said...

Yay, im so glad you like it! I can't help myself I love to throw in extras! Work sound like a dream, except , yes your pay check is already spent..lol
Have fun stamping, the 'a' stuffed up a bit, but you can still get the gist. Enjoy. Leah

CurlyPops said...

What a fab gift!
That little stamp is amazing.

sandra said...

the job sounds great Sam, just remember to keep some of your pay for necessities.

Pip said...

Green with envy here, I find it hard enough going into a quilt shop and holding myself back from buying too much, I can just imagine if I worked in one as well. NIce stamp there.
take care
Pip

Jules said...

Congratulations on your new job. I am jealous though..........lol

Jules

Jantine said...

I love the owl and don't pity you for being in fabric heaven! I couldn't resist myself I am afraid. But you better keep being strong! Good luck!