Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

'tis a great place to live...

Happy Australia Day for yesterday! For any international readers, the 26th of January is Australia Day, and what a ripper of a day it was. The weather was beaut, the snags were bonza, thongs were the order of the day, and the green and gold was worn with pride. If you didn't understand anything in that sentence, or you are slightly confused about thongs, then you are obviously an international reader! I absolutely love my country, and couldn't think of a nicer place to live.

Well, my first block for the Homespun BOM is done! I've been working on it for the last couple of days, and last night I did the final stitches. I'm so happy with it, and it looks so pretty and romantic. The photos don't really show it properly. It was impossible to find a good place to take a photo this morning without it causing shadows etc.



Thank you for all your help with my quilt in the previous post! After two shortbread biscuts and a cuppa, I was able to face the task of unpicking the borders off the quilt. I then tried to pin and tighten some of the seams, and pull it more together.

I'm thinking I will get some iron on interfacing, or some sort of stabilising stuff and put it on the back of the quilt. It is looking alot better now, but I don't want to risk it puckering again when I put the borders back on. I don't think I could handle that, and it would certainly take alot more than nursing a fat quarter, and a cuppa with some biscuts to bring me around! I shall keep you updated with the progress!


**Edited to add a new photo! 2/2/09**

I was finally able to take a relatively good photo of my BOM block. This one probably shows the colours more acurately.



9 comments:

Unknown said...

How beautiful I love it in the blues .
Clares Craftroom

Allison's Page said...

I love your colours, so pretty

Karen's Korner said...

Lovely work Sam. Looks just as pretty in the blue as the pink

MissyMack said...

Thanks ladies! I must say, I am really happy with how it turned out. The blues look so soothing. :)

Mistea said...

Love that block. I am contemplating the series but haven't made a start yet. Well done and thanks for sharing. Oh, I am here for the first time today, came from thetoysociety. I got involved at Christmas and enjoyed the whole process. Continue the good work. I'll be back to check up soon.

Chookyblue...... said...

love this in blue.......

dutchcomfort said...

I read about your block (and blog) at Leanne’s House blog! Love the blue’s you used for the block. I’m not a brown/pink girl either!
I received Homespun last week and was thilled to see the Breast for friends project!

Anonymous said...

I missed this post!! AWESOME! It looks so nice Sam! Well done!

jorja said...

Love the blue Sam.Cant wait to see more of your blocks
Jorja