Well, my first block for the Homespun BOM is done! I've been working on it for the last couple of days, and last night I did the final stitches. I'm so happy with it, and it looks so pretty and romantic. The photos don't really show it properly. It was impossible to find a good place to take a photo this morning without it causing shadows etc.
Thank you for all your help with my quilt in the previous post! After two shortbread biscuts and a cuppa, I was able to face the task of unpicking the borders off the quilt. I then tried to pin and tighten some of the seams, and pull it more together.
I'm thinking I will get some iron on interfacing, or some sort of stabilising stuff and put it on the back of the quilt. It is looking alot better now, but I don't want to risk it puckering again when I put the borders back on. I don't think I could handle that, and it would certainly take alot more than nursing a fat quarter, and a cuppa with some biscuts to bring me around! I shall keep you updated with the progress!
**Edited to add a new photo! 2/2/09**
I was finally able to take a relatively good photo of my BOM block. This one probably shows the colours more acurately.