Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

...my 30th post!

I got a Kreative Blogger award! Thank you so much Princess Pudge for giving me this award! *feels special*
And, I recieved an award from Tozz's Corner too! Must be the season for award giving! Thanks ladies!
So, today was spent making two baby cot quilts for my friend. I would love to take a photo of the finished product and put them up on here, but alas, we have to wait till April as the gender is a secret, and the colour of the fabric would be a dead giveaway! Sorry Kylie! :D

I have been doing so much sewing of late, as it's been too hot to do much outside. So I have been hiding away in the sewing room with the air conditioner on, madly sewing. I've been trying to work on the free motion quilting for my 'chook' quilt. I don't know about any of you, but I find it so hard to grip onto the fabric at times, and I often find my hands slipping.

My way to solve this? My 'pimple grip' horse riding gloves (washed and cleaned of course!) They have little rubber dots on the underside, so as I sew, I can easily grip onto the quilt. So there I am... scorching summer heat outside, air conditioner blaring, as I sit and quilt with horse riding gloves on. Call me crazy, but they work brilliantly!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

30 posts?! Wow! It doesn't take long to get to that many does it! Congratulations! Great gloves! I use new gardening gloves... looks stupid... but it works!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your awards . Well deserved .
Clares Craftroom

Michelle said...

congrats on the award...love the thought of going to great lengths for sewing....

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your award! 30 posts! That's a great milestone.

Michelle said...

p.s i forgot to ask you to e-mail me with you snail mail as i think you will really adore the new dolls i have come up with...in a way i'm very glad i waited till now before sending you your pay it forward gift as i wouldn't have sent you something so appropriate as these new ones...keep a look out on my post for a hint soon...

princess pudge said...

you're very welcome sam, you truly deserve it!

kyliesmiley16 said...

Humpf.. just ONE peek at the fabric??

Congrats on the award though ;) You must be really thrilled!

And as a P.S... As you may have noticed I've just joined BlogSpot... and I can't find the "Follow This Blog" on your page? Is the "Suscribe To" the same thing?