Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

.excited.


Well, it has been wonderful to hear from so many of you who are participating in the Homespun 'Give Thanks' Stitch-a-long! How exciting! I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the stitcheries as they progress along. If you have any photos, and want to share them, please feel free to email them to me.

Now, I had a lady ask if each week I could put up the finished size of each stitchery. There has been a bit of confusion over whether the stitcheries are printing out at the correct size. So, just to make it clear, the stitcheries are actually quite small, and the fabric allowance is generous to allow for ease of sewing in a hoop.

If you would prefer to save on some fabric, maybe try using a large piece of muslin or homespun, and don't chop it up for each individual stitchery. Instead, just draw and stitch each stitchery on the fabric, allowing some room between each one of course.

Below is the finished block size of the stitcheries that have been released so far:

Week 1.
Butterfly. Finished block size is 3" square.

Week 2.
Love Heart. Finished block size is 1.5" square.

Week 3.
5 Hearts. Finished block size is 1.5 x 3."

Hope that is of some help ladies!
Oh, if you are doing the stitch-a-long, please let me know in a comment on this post, and I'll add your name to a sidebar on my blog.

In other news, I am leaving for Indonesia tomorrow! Yes, tomorrow! Talk about exciting. And my other exciting news - we have 170 items of clothing for the orphans!! How awesome is that?! And that doesn't include other bits of donated goodies, like a soccer ball, hair clips, pens and paper etc etc. So I am really looking forward to going back to West Papua and blessing the kids with all these goodies! I have just spent the morning rolling up each item and packing them into the bag. I have so many photos to share with you, but just not the time at the moment - sorry!

So, I will be back on board after Easter, so if you don't hear from me for awhile - that's why!

Till then, happy stitching!

No comments: