Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Chestnut Arabain




I bought this ceramic unpainted bisque model a few years ago from Debbie Poole. I originally painted her a dapple grey, but I wasn't 100% happy with how the model turned out. So I wrapped her up in bubble wrap and the poor model sat languishing in a drawer for months. Feeling re-inspired, I found my pastels, and got her out again. I just played with some colours on her using the pastels, and found I really liked the chestnut coat colour that was coming through the many layers.


I am now thrilled with how the model has turned out, and she will no longer sit in a drawer under wraps!


I will be creating a tutorial soon on how to paint a model horse using pastels, so please check back often. :)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting "Farmyard Crafts"! Honestly, I'm really not into horses... but your ceramic model is BEAUTIFUL! You've done such an awesome job on your painting. I'm in awe.